Thursday 31 May 2007

Late 2005


So I searched round and contacted other artists working with the materials and processes of collage & assemblage. I already knew Maraget Wyllie from a project I organised called A Construct of Time, site-specific to The Ancient House in Ipswich. While spending some grant money on documentation of my work the photographer Doug Attfield, I came across images of Jevan Watkins Jones' work, so I contacted him. I hadn't yet met Emma Johnson properly, I think. I am told that I interrogated them to some extent, as I found it fascinating how differently we all worked in response to materials and objects, and I wanted to know more and more. So the project was underway. Some of the work at this time revolved around books, I picked up on Jevan's shedding of paper and Emma's 'obsessive' repetative process work.

No comments: